Breastfeeding help is just an email, meeting or home visit away. What kind of support do we provide?
Local Breastfeeding Counselors provide email support and home visits. We also host breastfeeding support group meetings twice a month, the 2nd Thursday at 7 pm and the 4th Monday at 10 am and the 4th Tuesday at 5 pm.
We can help with questions such as:
- How often should I breastfeed my baby?
- I think nursing my newborn is going fine, but I just want to make sure.
- How can I work together with my baby to get a good latch and good positioning?
- I am planning a C-section. What can I do to get breastfeeding off to a good start?
- I need to have surgery. How can I work with my doctor to come up with a plan that supports breastfeeding?
- I am returning to work after my baby is born. How can I combine work and breastfeeding?
- Assistance if you run into struggles with breastfeeding.
- Referral to appropriate resources when necessary.
MOTHER-TO-MOTHER SUPPORT MEETINGS:
We offer monthly mother-to-mother support meetings.
If you are interested in attending breastfeeding support meetings, we hold Breastfeeding USA support meetings every second Thursday of the month at 7 pm at Birth, Baby & Beyond. We offer a day time, ‘Coffee-talk’ style meeting at 10 am every fourth Monday at Birth, Baby & Beyond. We have a third meeting that meets the 4th Tuesday of the month at 5 pm at Eastern Iowa Health Clinic.
Breastfeeding USA, Inc. provides evidence-based information and support, and promotes breastfeeding as the biological and cultural norm. We accomplish this through a network of accredited breastfeeding counselors and comprehensive resources for the benefit of mothers and babies, families, and communities. Visit www.breastfeedingusa.org for breastfeeding counselors outside of the Cedar Rapids area.
Looking for Phone Help?
If you need to speak to a Breastfeeding USA Counselor by phone, please visit https://breastfeedingusa.org/content/article/find-breastfeeding-counselor for the numbers of other national helpers.